Duration: 3 hours per week, Wednesdays 18:30 - 21:30, for 10 consecutive weeks.
The Course will be delivered in a series of 3 hour workshops and lectures, and participants will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to action/reflection model of learning.
- What is spirituality?
- Personal, pastoral and professional identity
- Communication, listening and responding skills.
- Intra-personal and Inter personal skills, empathy,self care and teamwork.
- Introduction to grief and loss.
- Introduction to Reflective Practice.
- Scope and impact of the pastoral role including boundaries, confidentiality and privacy.
- Spiritual Care, what is it? Who does it? Spiritual pain; assessment and referral in clinical practice.
- Review of course and integrating the course components into clinical practice.
The course is aimed at all Healthcare professionals with direct clinical care and College Staff.
It has been accredited by the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (Ireland) Ltd.
Approved for CPD/CME by:
Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland : Category 1, 30 CEUs
RCPI : 30 CPD points (live educational event).
A Certificate of Completion will be awared by UCC in conjuction with ACPE (Ireland).